2009/06/26

Test

Narrated Abu Huraira
that he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Allah willed to test three Israelis who were a leper,
a blind man and a bald-headed man. So, he sent them an angel who came to the leper
and said, 'What thing do you like most?' He replied, "Good color and good skin, for the
people have a strong aversion to me.' The angel touched him and his illness was cured,
and he was given a good color and beautiful skin. The angel asked him, 'What kind of
property do you like best?' He replied, 'Camels (or cows).' (The narrator is in doubt, for
either the leper or the bald-headed man demanded camels and the other demanded
cows.) So he (i.e. the leper) was given a pregnant she-camel, and the angel said (to him),
'May Allah bless you in it.'

The angel then went to the bald-headed man and said, 'What thing do you like most?' He
said, 'I like good hair and wish to be cured of this disease, for the people feel repulsion for
me.' The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given good hair. The
angel asked (him), 'What kind of property do you like best?' He replied, 'Cows,' The angel
gave him a pregnant cow and said, 'May Allah bless you in it.' The angel went to the blind
man and asked, 'What thing do you like best?' He said, '(I like) that Allah may restore my
eye-sight to me so that I may see the people.' The angel touched his eyes and Allah gave
him back his eye-sight. The angel asked him, 'What kind of property do you like best?' He
replied, 'Sheep.' The angel gave him a pregnant sheep. Afterwards, all the three pregnant
animals gave birth to young ones, and multiplied and brought forth so much that one of the
(three) men had a herd of camels filling a valley, and one had a herd of cows filling a valley,
and one had a flock of sheep filling a valley. Then the angel, disguised in the shape and
appearance of a leper, went to the leper and said, I am a poor man, who has lost all
means of livelihood while on a journey. So none will satisfy my need except Allah and then
you. In the Name of Him Who has given you such nice color and beautiful skin, and so much
property, I ask you to give me a camel so that I may reach my destination. The man replied,
'I have many obligations (so I cannot give you).' The angel said, 'I think I know you; were
you not a leper to whom the people had a strong aversion? Weren't you a poor man, and
then Allah gave you (all this property).' He replied, '(This is all wrong), I got this property
through inheritance from my fore-fathers' The angel said, 'If you are telling a lie, then let
Allah make you as you were before.'

Then the angel, disguised in the shape and appearance of a bald man, went to the bald
man and said to him the same as he told the first one, and he too answered the same as
the first one did. The angel said, 'If you are telling a lie, then let Allah make you as you
were before.'

The angel, disguised in the shape of a blind man, went to the blind man and said, 'I am a
poor man and a traveler, whose means of livelihood have been exhausted while on a
journey. I have nobody to help me except Allah, and after Him, you yourself. I ask you in
the Name of Him Who has given you back your eye-sight to give me a sheep, so that with
its help, I may complete my journey.' The man said, 'No doubt, I was blind and Allah gave
me back my eye-sight; I was poor and Allah made me rich; so take anything you wish from
my property. By Allah, I will not stop you for taking anything (you need) of my property
which you may take for Allah's sake.' The angel replied, 'Keep your property with you. You
(i.e. 3 men) have been tested and Allah is pleased with you and is angry with your two
companions."
Guidelines
"Good deeds are not equal to the evil ones. Repel other's evil deeds with your good deeds. You will see that he with whom you had enmity, will become your close friend.
But none will attain this quality except those who patiently endure and none will attain this quality except those who are truly fortunate."

Chapter: 41, Verses 34-35, Al-Quran
Sharing is Caring!
Get Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

1 Views:

Larger than Life on June 28, 2009 at 9:33 AM said...

Subhan Allah what a beautiful sharing and lesson for all of us not to just read but to understand.

 
THE GUIDING FRIENDS

Live Traffic Feed

THE GUIDING FRIENDS Copyright © 2009 DarkfolioZ is Designed by Bie Blogger Template for Ipietoon
In Collaboration With fifa