2009/05/01

Spilt like the Red Sea


God he shed his grace on me
But often times I do not see
The love he has just for me
I worry and I wonder if I am being who it is I should be

I should have cried when I read the words to your gracious book
But I held back tears because I fear what lay in shedding water
To let go of life and somehow try to live on
All the things I have acquired somehow seem to call

Away from you a dream they sell
A dream so near to sin
To be like those who smile and frolic on this earth we live

But for God how could I ask for time to worship another
The dreams I hold so dear to me so distant from each other
Split like the red sea
The sand beneath my feet
I pray that I follow Moses humbly and not Pharaoh in prideful defeat

For love of God cannot combine with love of worldly desires

Guidelines
"Good deeds are not equal to the evil ones. Repel other's evil deeds with your good deeds. You will see that he with whom you had enmity, will become your close friend.
But none will attain this quality except those who patiently endure and none will attain this quality except those who are truly fortunate."

Chapter: 41, Verses 34-35, Al-Quran
Sharing is Caring!
Get Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

2 Views:

Admin on May 1, 2009 at 7:52 PM said...

No doubt you are right :
"Love of God cannot combine with love of wordly desires."

Larger than Life on May 17, 2009 at 11:19 AM said...

true: we can not see the invisible hands of God but we can feel the warmth

 
THE GUIDING FRIENDS

Live Traffic Feed

THE GUIDING FRIENDS Copyright © 2009 DarkfolioZ is Designed by Bie Blogger Template for Ipietoon
In Collaboration With fifa