2010/05/13

Not lost

Dear Lord,
I'd thought I'd forgotten you
But you pulled me back
You pulled me back
Dear lord,
I'd thought you' forgotten me
I was blinded
By worldly deities
Dear Lord,
I thought I was angry with you
But you treated me with love
Dear Lord I cursed the rain, and the struggles, and the heartaches of life
But you showed me mercy
You showed me compassion
Dear Lord,
I'd forgotten the little things
Which where not little at all
I turned my face from you
I'd given up on you
I thought I could make it through
But I was a liar
And I found out all to soon
That their was no good that could come without you
Oh Shaitan, how he called himself my friend?
Oh my whims and desires that begged me to go off
Without a care in the world I strayed
But this world laughed at me
Laughed at me!
They call me in only to laugh at me
Made me their slave only to laugh at me
And still the whispers stayed in my mind
allah ...........allah ...................allah
Until it became louder
Allah ..........Allah .........................Allah
Then it screamed at me
ALLAH ....................ALLAH ......................ALLAH!
Was it you? my conscious? my soul?
I could not bear it
I came running back
Without a care
Leaving possessions behind
I found you once again
And found that you had never lost me
And found that the highest ranking I could ever be
Was to bow my face in the dirt as your slave for eternity
Guidelines
"Good deeds are not equal to the evil ones. Repel other's evil deeds with your good deeds. You will see that he with whom you had enmity, will become your close friend.
But none will attain this quality except those who patiently endure and none will attain this quality except those who are truly fortunate."

Chapter: 41, Verses 34-35, Al-Quran
Sharing is Caring!
Get Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

6 Views:

agnitrisha on August 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM said...

simply fabulous. an surrender full of deepest affection.

Melinda on August 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM said...

I am so glad that my friend, Ibn Hanif, pointed me toward this lovely poem. It was awe-inspiring--and went right to my heart.

Thank you!

Melinda

Mansoor ali Hashmi on August 21, 2009 at 4:39 AM said...

Beautiful thoughts, expressed in different phases of emotions.

Larger than Life on August 22, 2009 at 8:20 AM said...

how beautifully expressed the feeling of a person MashAllah its a beautiful piece of work , loved it. One of the Pearl Trader's best pearl. :)

Nothing Profound on August 22, 2009 at 4:49 PM said...

Beautiful-No soul is ever lost so long as it has humility. Humility is the soul, and the soul is humility.

Anonymous said...

Great poem!

 
THE GUIDING FRIENDS

Live Traffic Feed

THE GUIDING FRIENDS Copyright © 2009 DarkfolioZ is Designed by Bie Blogger Template for Ipietoon
In Collaboration With fifa