2010/01/03

Martyrdom of Umar bin Al-Khattab (R.A) and Selection of Usman (R.A) as Third Caliph (Part : 2)

Abdullah (R.A) greeted 'Aisha (R.A) and asked for the permission for entering, and then entered to her and found her sitting
and weeping. He said to her,
"'Umar bin Al-Khattab (R.A) is paying his salutations to you, and asks the permission to be buried with his two companions."

She said, "I had the idea of having this place for myself, but today I prefer 'Umar (R.A) to myself." When he returned it was said(to 'Umar), "'Abdullah bin 'Umar (R.A) has come." 'Umar (R.A) said, "Make me sit up." Somebody
supported him against his body and 'Umar (R.A) asked('Abdullah), "What news do you have?"
He said, "O chief of the believers! It is as you wish. She has given the permission."

'Umar (R.A) said, "Praise be to Allah, there was nothing more important to me than this. So when I die,
take me, and greet 'Aisha (R.A) and say: "Umar (R.A) bin Al-Khattab asks the permission (to be buried with the Prophet), and if she gives the permission, bury me there, and if she refuses, then take me to the grave-yard of the Muslims."



Then Hafsa (Daughter of Umer (R.A), the mother of the believers (R.A)) came with many other women walking with her.
When we saw her, we went away. She went in (to 'Umar R.A) and wept there for sometime.
When the men asked for permission to enter, she went into another place, and we heard her weeping inside.


The people said (to 'Umar R.A), "O chief of the believers! Appoint a successor." Umar (R.A) said, "I do not find anyone more suitable for the job than the following
persons or group whom Allah's Apostle had been pleased with before he died." Then 'Umar (R.A) mentioned 'Ali (R.A), 'Uthman, AzZubair(R.A), Talha (R.A), Sad and 'Abdur-Rahman (bin Auf) (R.A)
and said,
"Abdullah bin 'Umar (R.A) will be a witness to you, but he will have no share in the rule. His being a witness will compensate him for not sharing the right of ruling.


If Sad (R.A) becomes the ruler,
it will be alright: otherwise, whoever becomes the ruler should seek his help, as I have not
dismissed him beCause of disability or dishonesty."

'Umar (R.A) added, "I recommend that my successor takes care of the early emigrants; to know their rights and protect their honor and sacred things.

I also recommend that he be kind to the Ansar who had lived in Medina before the emigrants and belief had entered their hearts before them.


I recommend that the (ruler) should accept the good of the righteous among them and excuse their wrong-doers, and I recommend that he should do good to all the people of the towns (Al-Ansar), as they are the protectors of Islam and the source of wealth and the source of annoyance to the
enemy.


I also recommend that nothing be taken from them except from their surplus with their consent.


I also recommend that he do good to the 'Arab bedouin, as they are the
origin of the 'Arabs and the material of Islam. He should take from what is inferior, amongst their properties and distribute that to the poor amongst them.


I also recommend him concerning Allah's and His Apostle's peace be upon him protectees (i.e. Dhimmis) to fulfill their contracts and to fight for them and not to overburden them with what is beyond their ability."



So when 'Umar (R.A) expired, we carried him out and set out walking. 'Abdullah bin 'Umar (R.A) greeted ('Aisha R.A) and said, "'Umar bin Al-Khattab (R.A) asks for the permission." 'Aisha (R.A) said, "Bring him in." He was brought in and buried beside his two companions.

When he was buried, the group(recommended by 'Umar R.A) held a meeting.


Then
'Abdur-Rahman (R.A) said, " Reduce the candidates for rulership to three of you." Az-Zubair (R.A) said,
"I give up my right to Ali." Talha (R.A) said, "I give up my right to 'Uthman (R.A)," Sad, 'I give up my right to 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (R.A)." 'Abdur-Rahman then said (to 'Uthman and 'Ali), "Now
which of you is willing to give up his right of candidacy to that he may choose the better of the (remaining) two, bearing in mind that Allah and Islam will be his witnesses." So both the sheiks (i.e. 'Uthman and 'Ali R.A) kept silent. 'Abdur-Rahman (R.A) said, "Will you both leave this matter to me, and I take Allah as my Witness that I will not choose but the better of you?"
They said, "Yes."

So 'Abdur-Rahman (R.A) took the hand of one of them (i.e. 'Ali R.A) and said, "You are related to Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) and one of the earliest Muslims as you know well. So I ask you by Allah to promise that if I select you as a ruler you will do justice, and if I select
'Uthman (R.A) as a ruler you will listen to him and obey him." Then he took the other (i.e. 'Uthman (R.A)) aside and said the same to him. When 'Abdur-Rahman (R.A) secured (their agreement
to) this covenant, he said, "O 'Uthman (R.A) ! Raise your hand." So he (i.e. 'Abdur-Rahman (R.A)) gave him (i.e. 'Uthman (R.A)) the solemn pledge, and then 'Ali (R.A) gave him the pledge of allegiance and
then all the (Medina) people gave him the pledge of allegiance.



Ref: Sahih Bhukhari
Guidelines
"Good deeds are not equal to the evil ones. Repel other's evil deeds with your good deeds. You will see that he with whom you had enmity, will become your close friend.
But none will attain this quality except those who patiently endure and none will attain this quality except those who are truly fortunate."

Chapter: 41, Verses 34-35, Al-Quran
Sharing is Caring!
Get Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

1 Views:

island of peace on January 4, 2010 at 5:19 PM said...

dearest brother,
its beautiful.
with lots of affection,
didi

 
THE GUIDING FRIENDS

Live Traffic Feed

THE GUIDING FRIENDS Copyright © 2009 DarkfolioZ is Designed by Bie Blogger Template for Ipietoon
In Collaboration With fifa