2009/12/24

A wasted life

You asked me "Why I didn't care?"
It's because I forgot about you
You asked me "How could I forget you?"
Its because I was blind
You asked me "How did you become blind?"
Its because I was busy
You ask me "Busy with what"
I say I was busy with life, school, work, love, heartache, TV-
You stop me and ask "What is it all worth, now that its over?"
Nothing, I say
"So why did you do it?"
Blind and stupid, I say
What do you think you deserve?
Hell, I say
"Then why are you here?"
To beg, I say
To beg on behalf of my worthless soul
To beg on behalf of of my wasted life
On behalf of my broken heart
Because my lord you are merciful
Dear God for everthing to mean nothing
For you to be everything
Give me mercy
Give my underserving soul mercy
Because you are great
And I am nothing

Because you are great
And I am nothing...
Guidelines
"Good deeds are not equal to the evil ones. Repel other's evil deeds with your good deeds. You will see that he with whom you had enmity, will become your close friend.
But none will attain this quality except those who patiently endure and none will attain this quality except those who are truly fortunate."

Chapter: 41, Verses 34-35, Al-Quran
Sharing is Caring!
Get Email Updates

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

10 Views:

Melinda on December 24, 2009 at 5:55 PM said...

Just wonderful, as usual. To my friends as 'Guiding Friends' -- have a blessed Holiday. May the New Year bring you much health and happiness.

Take care,

Melinda

Admin on December 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM said...

Nuriddeenk, Although, you disappear for long but whenever you come back you bring a beautiful poem with you. MashaaAllah, Alhamdulillah.

The whole poem seems to be the voice of a believer particularly these words: "Because You are great And I am nothing" for these remind me the prayer of Prophet Yunus (Alaihe Salaam):
"There is no God but thou, glory be to Thee; surely I am of those who make themselves to suffer loss."
Please Nuriddeenk don't deprive us and yourself of the great talent you have, write more and inspire more. May Allah reward you and keep you in His protection. Ameen.

Admin on December 25, 2009 at 9:07 AM said...

Melinda, thank you so much for remembering us in your holidays.
Also thanks for your well wishes for new year.
May Allah accept your prayers for us and yourself.
May He increase your and our love for the holy book, Al-Quran. Ameen.

Nuriddeen bint Yusuf on December 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM said...

Ibn Hanif thank you for reminding us of the pray of Prophet Yunus (alaihe salam). Thank you so much for starting this blog and continuously striving to spread the knowledge of Islam and peace, May Allah bless you in your home town and in the afterlife, Ameen.
Melinda thanks for being an avid reader of this blog -we really appreaciate it! And we hope Allah will bring you closer to him in many ways, Happy (almost) New Year!

island of peace on December 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM said...

its simply awesome.

Admin on December 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM said...

Dear didi, I agree, its certainly simply awesome.
Now all we need is to convince Nuriddeenk to write more and more poems for Guiding Friends.
May Allah reward her because her poem praisest thee was the inspiration behind the creation of Guiding Friends. MaashaAllah.
Ameen.

Anonymous said...

Great poem! Insha'allah you'll write more and inspire others.

Admin on December 27, 2009 at 12:49 PM said...

Fida, Yes, InshaaAllah she will write more poems for she can't resist our love for her poetry.
Thanks

Nuriddeenk, please check Fida's nature and Islamic poetry as well.
http://thepoetrykorner.blogspot.com

Nur Sakinah Thomas@ Mary Thomas on December 28, 2009 at 6:52 AM said...

Assalamualaikum nuriddeenk,

Thank you dear sister for sharing your poem,
you have the talent, so keep up your good work.

Sister........we can touch people's heart through our writings if we put our heart in our words for the sake of Allah, inshaAllah.

take care
with love and du'as
your sister

Admin on December 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM said...

Nur Sakinah Thomas Abdullah,
Dear Sister you are right in saying: "We can touch people's heart through our writings If we put our heart in our words for the sake of Allah." Certainly, InshaaAllah.

 
THE GUIDING FRIENDS

Live Traffic Feed

THE GUIDING FRIENDS Copyright © 2009 DarkfolioZ is Designed by Bie Blogger Template for Ipietoon
In Collaboration With fifa